Monday, March 30, 2015

you don't realize how long you have been out until your costco sized q tip box runs out

Hello!!


It was a crazy week but we saw a ton of miracles! First off my new companion is Hermana Marble from Logan, Utah.. she is actually my first utah companion which is hilarious because usually I am the utah companion! She came from the Mexico MTC tuesday night and then drove all the way up here on wednesday and didn't get here until about 6pm and then we woke up early on thursday to go back down to kennewick for a new missionary meeting that lasted all day! So we had a pretty busy first couple of days but things are good! She is super sweet and ready to work! The poor thing is sore from all the walking I have been making her do :) haha but hey you gotta start them off right. Saying goodbye to hermana pulido was really sad. Although it was one of the hardest times of my mission while we were together, I grew more than I ever thought possible in such a short amount of time. We are so different that we are the same... if that makes any sense haha I gained such a testimony that the Lord puts us with certain companions for a reason! I love her.

On thursday we drove down to kennewick with two other sets of elders in a van for the trainer/trainee meeting. It was such a cool drive because we were sharing experiences that have impacted our missions and stories and things that have helped us to grow. Training is such a humbling experience because you have the chance to see how far you have truly come on your mission. I knew that I had grown and become way more bold and my testimony has been strengthened, but as I see hermana marble a brand new missionary I realize how truly converted I have become to the gospel of Jesus Christ. There is nothing I want more than to help others come unto Christ. 
There is one thing that describes the change that I have experienced so far and that is The Atonement. The Atonement of Jesus Christ has become so real to me. It is so much more than Christ just paying the price for our sins. It is our most powerful source of hope. He is our hope, and #BecauseHeLives we can live with our Heavenly Father again! I just love Jesus Christ so much. 
The training meeting went really well and we talked a lot about the reasons that we do the missionary things that we do. A question that president ware asked was "Is there any force besides love that entices you to change?" I thought that was super powerful and it really makes you think.. why do I make the choices that I make? Especially as a missionary as we decide to teach certain things or as we choose to talk to people... are we doing those things because of our pure love for Christ or because we're just doing them? President Ware also said that "the moment you will become a true disciple of the Lord is when you will drop anything for the love you have for the Savior." I feel like this is going to be a transfer of miracles. We have been working hard and there is so much potential here.

The womens conference was so great! A couple of quotes that I liked: "we have the responsibility to seek truth" "don't limit your love" "the hopes of Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father are perfect and their plans are sure" "the peace He promises will never leave us as we serve His beloved" I loved the focus on families because I have THE BEST FAMILY ever. 

We had a ton of appointments fall through this week so not much of an update on our investigators but there is a chance Jaime will be getting baptized saturday.... fingers crossed! The time is going by really fast its kind of freaking me out haha! I hope you all have an awesome week and Easter and conference!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU :) :)

Shout out to my home girl brooke on getting engaged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

con mucho amor
hermana wortley

No comments:

Post a Comment