Monday, March 9, 2015

Proverbs 28:25 (this is why missionaries gain weight)

Hey there its monday again!


I hope you all had a great week! This was a good but crazy week! On monday after we emailed we went on a hike up to Saddle Rock with our zone, it was way fun but I realized I am super out of shape because I hadn't hiked for like a year haha. We also had a member call us and tell us that she had bought us some groceries so we went to pick them up and turns out she had gotten us a bunch of costco sized things like bread, peanut butter, jam eggs, milk oh and she also bought us a chicken (not a live one)! Ah the members here are so great. 

On tuesday we had a really depressing lesson with Concepcion.. remember her? well yeah she is going to mexico so we won't be able to teach her anymore. She knows the book of mormon is true though and I know that when her time comes she will find missionaries again! We had a lot of appointments fall through this week but we are still working hard and looking for those people that are elect and willing to act! 

On friday one of our wards had a fiesta and invited our other ward so it was one big party! We had tres leches and tacos so I guess you could say it was pretty mexican. One of the best parts though was that Jaime came! He sat at a table with all of the young men and seemed to be having a lot of fun! He didn't come to church though this week so we are going to have to move his baptismal date back, but he really does have so much faith. 

Saturday we had zone training meeting which was great. The weather has been so nice here! 
Oh and you should look up the bus accident in Orondo... two of our investigators were totally on that... they are ok but one of them has a cast and crutches and the other has a bunch of bruises! SO CRAZY.

Sorry this is kind of an all over the place random email! I have been thinking a lot lately about and studying the Atonement. There is a scripture that I really like in 1 Nephi 21:16, it says "Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me." I don't know it just hit me when I was reading this, that our walls or burdens, trials, weaknesses are continually in front of the Savior... no matter the time or duration that we are facing something or going through a trial, He has already been through it. He has already faced everything that we will ever face or are currently struggling through. I am so incredibly grateful for the Atonement, and for this chance that I have to share the message of our Savior with the people here. I know sometimes it doesn't feel like I am doing enough or could ever be what the Savior needs me to be; but that's just it, He doesn't need me to be anything more than who I am striving to be. That is the miracle of the Atonement!!  I am thankful to be a missionary. I love you all and am so blessed to have such amazing people in my life! :) oh and my companion is doing a lot better this week! Thank you for the prayers!




CON MUCHO AMOR
hermana wortley

No comments:

Post a Comment