Monday, February 23, 2015

HHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO

Hello everyone!!

Well it was a good week, as usual, seriously though I have come to realize that we can have bad moments but all in all there is nothing better than being a missionary! One of the highlights of this week was that Jaime came to church!! I don't know if I have talked about him much but he is so awesome. He is a senior in high school and was taught by the elders in the past. We went and knocked on his door at 8:30 yesterday morning because church starts at 9, to make sure he was still planning on coming. He was asleep but he said he would hurry and get ready so that one of our members could pick him up! A couple of the young men went to pick him up and then they sat with him in church and brought him to sunday school and priesthood. The youth are so great here!! It was so cool because the sunday school teacher came up to us after and said that Jaime was participating and that he accepted the assignment to teach primary next week! haha We are excited because we have a lesson with him at one of the young men's homes this week and they invited him to mutual. 

So this week I have been studying a lot in moses and D&C and the concept that we are all children of God. It is so mind blowing and so full of deep doctrine its great. One of the verses that really stood out to me was 45:8 It says, "I came unto mine own, and mine own received me not; but unto as many as received me gave I power to do many miracles, and to become the sons of God; and even unto them that believed on my name gave I power to obtain eternal life." 
Something I have really grown to appreciate on my mission is that we are all children of God, and that we are not only His children but we have that potential to be like Him. Each one of us has that potential, no matter who you are or where you are at in your life right now or decisions that you have made... none of that should define us, it is what we do with our potential to become like our Heavenly Father that makes us who we are. But we can't do it without him. I am so grateful for the experiences that I have had so far where I have been able to truly recognize people as children of God and not just random people. The mission really puts things into perspective.

We have some pretty cool people that we are teaching right now but for a lot of them it is just a matter of getting in with them! We also have a lot of knocking planned for this week so hopefully we can find some new people to teach! I love my companion although she is a mental roller coaster hahahaha things are good here in Wenatchee!!! 
I love you all so much and could not be more grateful for you. I mean it, you are the best. HAVE A SUPER RAD WEEK!!!!!!!! 
Oh also I am going to the temple tomorrow at 9:30 my time so 10:30 your time, if you have time you should go at the same time :) :)

con mucho AMOR
HERMANA WORTLEY



this was from last week but I don't have any new pictures sorry!! this is hermana Taua from hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment