Monday, December 29, 2014

Wenatchee bound!!

Hi everyone!

It was so good seeing you on Christmas!! Sorry I was so awkward but I just didn't know what to say because it was just great seeing all of your beautiful faces!! I LOVE YOU. 
Christmas was definitely one to remember! After we skyped we ate dinner with the Fourniers and then Hermana bailey and I played the piano for them and we headed over to the Moreno's house because they invited us over for posole. Hermana Moreno makes THE best posole! We were SO FULL after haha. And then we went and visited less actives and brought them cookies. The Mitchells are the best, they gave us both some stationary and stamps for Christmas! They know missionaries needs too well haha.

Well as we predicted on Christmas... I am getting transferred!! I leave wednesday for Wenatchee (not sure if I spelled that right haha) but anyways I am so excited! My companion is going to be hermana Pulido and I have heard great things about her! Also pretty awesome news, in an effort to get the mission ready for the mission split, they are creating 2 all spanish zones, one here in yakima and... one in wenatchee!! It is going to be so awesome! The work is hastening so fast here. We got the call saturday morning because hermana bailey is going to be training next transfer, but it didn't really sink in that I am leaving until church yesterday. MY HEART BROKE saying goodbye to the members of the branch. I have grown to love this place and these people and it is going to be really weird leaving! But as much as I hate to go I am really excited to be somewhere new! And I am already planning on coming back to visit the branch after my mission haha. 

As sad as church was saying goodbye.... we had 5 investigators at church!!!! It was amazing! The branch is on fire right now (not literally). 4 of the 5 were that family that I was telling you about on Christmas. The Vaca family (yes, that means cow in spanish haha). I LOVE THIS FAMILY. you probably think I say that about everyone, which I pretty much do love everyone, but I am serious... I was meant to teach this family. I seriously feel like they were part of the reason I came to this area even if it was just to start the teaching process with them because I am leaving. We haven't even been teaching them that long, but I am dreading saying goodbye! Alma, the mom, was with me when I was saying goodbye to one of the sisters in the branch after church and she was like "you're not going to be here next sunday?" can you say dagger to the heart? haha but I am so excited for hermana bailey and her greenie to continue teaching them because they have so much in store for them!! We also found out that they are really good friends with some recent converts in the branch, and one of their daughters is friends with some of the young women! They are going to do so well in the branch.

JESUS IS THE BEST. He brought 2 friends to church and he got the priesthood yesterday! Hermana bailey and I can't even get over how awesome he is. 

I am so grateful for the time I have had here in moxee. Other than bountiful and lake powell, I am convinced there is no place better!! I have grown so much here and developed relationships with people that i'll have forever. I'm sure Wenatchee will be pretty great too!! 
I LOVE YOU ALL and I hope you have an awesome week!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Les Quiero
hermana j. wort

#1 dinner with the moreno's on christmas
#2 saying bye to the Ibarra's :(

No comments:

Post a Comment