Monday, December 15, 2014

fui al dentista

hola :)

It was a very interesting week!! It seemed like it was just one weird thing after another happening haha. Hermana Bailey and I are convinced that we have the weirdest luck out of all the missionaries probably in the whole world. Anyways so as some of you know I formerly had a permanent bottom retainer... yes you read that right.. formerly! hahaha So i'm not sure what happened but I think it may have been because of the 500 million apples that I have eaten since I have been here but the good ol retainer came loose. So I called sister ware to get some information about a dentist in our area and luckily there is a member dentist here in yakima! So we went to the dentist and they decided to just take out my permanent retainer rather than just fix it haha so I now have a retainer for the bottom that I wear at night! But it was free so that was pretty cool haha. Hermana bailey was laughing at me the whole time because I was freaking out (I was jokingly freaking out haha don't worry I wasn't really scared). 

We also had exchanges this week! It was super awesome. I went to Yakima with Sister Toomer and Hermana Bailey stayed here in Moxee. It was pretty cool because we were able to teach someone on exchanges that I taught on exchanges back in July when I first got here, and he is getting ready to be baptized! Sister Toomer is so great and it was good to change things up a bit because I kind of feel like i've been here my whole mission... oh wait I have hahaha! But really I love this place and I wouldn't mind if I spent another 7 months here :)

We got an email from President Ware today.... kind of big news but they aren't announcing it until wednesdayso don't tell anyone I told you... They are splitting our mission! They are making a Yakima mission and then the Kennewick mission! The official split happens July 1st. We won't find out if we will be changing missions until it gets closer but that's pretty crazy huh?!

We aren't 100% sure yet if Jesus is going to be baptized this week... we still have some things to figure out about his marriages haha. He is so great though! We finally found him a large print spanish book of mormon because apparently they don't make them anymore... so it has been a LONG process trying to find one but we did!! And he came to church this week :) We also got some miracle referrals this week because we never get referrals!! It was when I was in yakima so I haven't met them yet, but we are super excited to start teaching them!! 

So our mission has been doing an 80 day book of mormon challenge and we are supposed to finish on Christmas but I finished a little bit early. I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON. It gets better every time I read it and I learn new things each time! One of the scriptures that really stood out to me this past week was Moroni 8:16, "perfect love casteth out all fear." As we recognize the perfect love that Christ has for each and every one of us, there will be nothing to be afraid of. His grace is infinite and His love is perfect. As we rapidly approach Christmas, I pray that we can each remember our savior more in our hearts and #sharethegift that we have! 

HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEK! I love you all :)

Les Quiero mucho
hermana wortley

(sorry I forgot my camera cord so no pictures :/ )

No comments:

Post a Comment