Monday, November 3, 2014

Jesus came for the 2nd time!!!... (This is not a 2nd coming joke)

Hola familia! 


Things are great here in the good ol' Moxee and union gap area! This week went by so fast!! I feel like I just barely sent my last email. But it was a good week! Oh did you guys know that yesterday was daylight savings? WE DIDN'T! hahaha it was hilarious because we were up and ready for the day and brother Mitchell comes in and was like, you guys know its only 6 right? well lets just say we got an extra hour of personal study yesterday haha. 

Well I will start off with what happened last Monday. For P-day our zone went to a members house (or should I say hotel). no joke I have never been to a bigger house! they have llamas and cows and horses and a tennis court and just a ton of things to do! I was in heaven playing tennis for like 3 hours haha #tendermercy. but yeah just a fun side note.

So President Ware is wanting all the companionships to try and get at least 10 hours of service each week in the community and so this week we have tried a bunch of places and have been looking for service but people are so hesitant to let us serve! they are like.. you want to do service? YES we want to do service haha. Anyways this week was a little better and we found some very unique service opportunities! We were knocking in this trailer park and we knocked into this old guy who had a room full of his girlfriends clothes who is now in a retirement home... and he wanted all of the clothes gone! so we offered a helping hand haha! it took a couple hours but we got all the clothes out and in our car (which then smelled like a nursing home/old people (not that all old people smell haha s/o to those old foggies back home I love you!)) It was actually really fun! we found some legit ugly sweaters that we may or may not have kept for ourselves and the rest we hauled off to goodwill because no one wanted the clothes from the branch. But unfortunately our car smelled for like 3 days haha! 

Thursday we had interviews with President Ware! We headed to the chapel at about 9 for a training by the APs on the Book of Mormon. It was really good and gave us some great ideas about how to apply the Book of Mormon into our lessons and teaching! So the training lasted until about 1 and hermana bailey and I didn't end up having our interviews until about! It was a long day but a good one nonetheless! It is always fun to be around a bunch of missionaries! 

Halloween was just like any old weekly planning Friday except that we had to be in at 6! Hermana bailey dressed up in some of the grandma clothes and I dressed up as harry potter for dinner with our ward mission leader haha the elders in the branch said they were going to dress up but they didn't. It was hilarious though! 

So yesterday hermana bailey and I went to branch correlation (we take turns with the other missionaries in the branch because there are so many of us) and it ended right at 10:30 when church starts so we go in to the chapel and look for Jesus because he said he was going to come... but we couldn't see him anywhere! So we went out in the hall to call him but no one answered. we walked back into the chapel kind of depressed that he wasn't there and that's when I saw him!! he had been there all along! and turns out he was actually like 15 minutes early! It was the best!! To tell you a little bit about Jesus, he is an old guy probably mid to late 60's and he is so great and so open to learning more about Jesus Christ! He really likes church and the members of the branch! 

I am really excited that its November because this is the month of thanksgiving (which should be all the time am I right??)! but anyways I was reading in doctrine and covenants this morning and came across the scripture D&C 98:1 which says:
"Verily I say unto you my friends, fear not, let your hearts be comforted; yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything GIVE THANKS"
how perfect is that scripture for this time of the year?? First of all this is Christ speaking in the scripture and He is calling us His friends which is so awesome right? Anyways I just really love this scripture and as we get closer and closer to thanksgiving I am going to work on being more aware of the things I am thankful for because I have SO MUCH to be thankful for!! I am so thankful for each and everyone of you. For reals I am so blessed!!!!!!!! I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week! 

con mucho amor
hermana wortley

#1 our halloween costumes
#2 my legit suitcase that I got from the grandma clothes service project

No comments:

Post a Comment