Monday, November 17, 2014

The mission is "cool"... Literally it's freezing up here!

Well another week has gone by faster than the last!


I am happy to say that hermana bailey and I will be staying together another transfer here in Moxee!! For some reason I was panicking that I was going to get transferred and all day Saturday I felt like I was going to be leaving which would have been terrible because I don't feel like I have done all I need to do in this area... and apparently the Lord felt the same way! Hermana Bailey and I are SO pumped because this transfer is going to be the greatest and we also get to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas together!! So yay!! Its weird to think that when this transfer is over I will have spent over one third of my mission here! crazy. 

Anyways this week was interesting haha... there are some super cool things happening in our area but also some not so super cool things. First off we were able to find a ton of service this week which rocked!! We are going to be going to a food bank two times a week to pack boxes and what not. This week we packed apples and carrots and I wish so bad that I had brought my camera because no joke there were carrots thicker than my arm and some pretty crazy shaped ones too! We also did some service at an assisted living place. Old people are the best. Hermana Bailey played hymns for them and they were singing along (very loudly hahaha), it was so great though because what better thing can we do for them than share the gospel through music! 

Oh yeah... IT'S SO COLD. First of all it gets dark at like 4 so people think we are straight up nut heads for knocking on their doors and we just laugh because we're like "its only 6:30." but yeah its been fun! Hermana Bailey has been dying because she is an AZ girl and this is her first winter haha but we are trekking forward! 

So Jesus.. well he is still progressing! He didn't come to church because it was his wife's birthday.... yeah we didn't know he was married until yesterday!!!! hahaha and we had a lesson with him Saturday where he told us that he has been baptized 9 times so he doesn't really know if he needs to get baptized again.. WOW. The poor guy is trying so hard to find the truth and to follow Christ! We are still working with him to explain things, its just hard because he accepts everything we teach him which you would think would be awesome.. but the hard part is that it doesn't sink in, he just accepts it and doesn't necessarily understand the importance of applying it. So he is still on track for his baptism but he still has A LOT he needs to learn/understand/do before! 

We had a GREAT lesson with Lisa and Mario last Monday and they LOVED church! They said that there was a reason that they went that Sunday because the whole lesson was directed at them and their questions. We started teaching their nieces Jasmine and Sabrina this week and they are great. We also had to drop a ton of our potentials this week because none of them were willing to make this a priority, but APPLE SEASON IS OVER!! so we are hoping to find the elect people who are willing to make this a priority! 

I have been reading in Alma this week and a verse that I really liked was in Alma 44:5. This verse talks about how Moroni's army defeated the Lamanites but I found it really applicable to not just missionary work, but every thing we do! It says that by our faith, religion, rites of worship, church, wives (or husbands), children, lands, country, that is how they were able to overcome the lamanites or for us these are some of the things that can help us to overcome Satan. I especially like the line that said "and also by the maintenance of the sacred word of God, to which we owe all our happiness." Isn't that powerful?? No matter who we are or what we are doing with our lives, everything good in our lives, our ability to overcome satan comes through the sacred word of God or the scriptures! Our happiness depends on our reliance on the Lord! Those were just some random thoughts...sorry if none of it made sense! haha I love the Book of Mormon. 

This is going to be a good week and I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for us this transfer! Thanks for all you do for me!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!

con mucho amor
hermana wortley

pic #1 our district..painfully awkward
pic #2 some of the girls in the branch! I LOVE THEM.


No comments:

Post a Comment