Monday, October 27, 2014

Jesus came to church!!!

HELLO


well there were a lot of things that went wrong this week haha but I don't know if I have ever been as happy as I was when Jesus came to church!! I know for all you gringos, (because I am straight up latino now) you probably read that as Jesus came to church rather than the spanish pronunciation of Hay-sus so I hope you got a good laugh! But it was so great! We had an awesome lesson with Jesus on saturday and hermano and hermana Varela (my adopted Mexican grandparents) came with us.. and he committed to coming to church. which was awesome but we weren't 100% sure if he was going to make it because he had committed to coming the week before too, and we waited and waited and he never showed up... but this week we met him at 7-11 and he was not only early... he also brought a friend!! We were about 15 minutes early to church so we went and sat in the chapel and explained what we were going to do at church and talked a little bit about the sacrament. The only thing that was hilarious was that the lesson in sunday school was on the law of chastity so that was interesting haha! I was so grateful for the branch though because they were all so welcoming and I don't think there was one person that didn't shake their hands or introduce themselves so that was great! We have a lesson with him tomorrow so we will see how he liked church and hopefully continue teaching him and his friend!

On saturday we had the opportunity to go to a womens broadcast because Linda K. Burton was up in Wenatche and our stake was included in the broadcast! It was so good. She talked a lot about our purpose as women in the church and also how we can progress with and through the atonement. Once again the atonement is INCREDIBLE. I forgot my notebook or else I would write some quotes from her I will try to remember it next week! 
Towards the end of the week things started getting better and more people were home, but the beginning of the week was kind of rough! Luckily we only have about 2 weeks left of apple picking season and then we'll be able to find all of our investigators that dropped of the face of the earth! The saddest part of the week was that we had to stop teaching Maribel :( Me and and Hermana Bailey love her so much but she just wasn't willing to act, and we know that without action then there is no way that we can progress. The elders came with us on wednesday to give her a blessing to help her with her drug problem and to get some guidance. The blessing was really powerful and she was smiling and we knew that she felt the spirit after, but after about 10 minutes she went right back to her old "i don't know" attitude. It broke our hearts but we know that she isn't ready at this point to make the gospel a priority, but one day she will be and she will be amazing!! 

Last night after dinner we were knocking and it kind of seemed that no one was interested and it was kind of a bleh couple of hours but as we were headed to the car so we could go to a lesson I was felt like we needed to knock two more doors, and these were doors that we had knocked a couple of weeks ago but no one was home. So we knocked them... and we had a couple of miracles!! One of the apartments was a girl named Yesi and she told us that her and her boyfriend were looking for a church but that they had no idea where to start.... MIRACLE! :) and the next door it was a guy named fernando who told us to come back tomorrow which is today! Also hermana bailey was laughing at me because fernando spoke to us in english but I was speaking back to him in spanish and I didn't even notice hahaha its just an instinct to speak to hispanics in spanish! 

Hermana Bailey and I are working really hard and we have a bunch of goals that we are going to be working towards this week as we seek to become better and more effective missionaries! I love being a missionary. and I 

LOVE ALL OF YOU!!! have a great week :)


con mucho amor
hermana wortley

#1 our investigator sofia with her new puppy... SHE IS SO CUTE/HILARIOUS
#2 me and hermana bailey being cool





No comments:

Post a Comment