Monday, September 8, 2014

HOLA

Hello to my favorite peeps!

I hope you're all doing awesome! This week was full of some really awesome things and some awkward and also some funny!

I think I mentioned last week that we were going to be teaching a guy named Omar and HE IS AWESOME. His wife is a little hesitant because she is a major Catholic but Omar is so open to learning more. We had two lessons with him this past week and we had members with us both times which was so great because members are the best. Our first lesson we watched finding faith in Christ with him and talked about how he can develop faith because that has been something he had been struggling with. At the end of the video I looked over at him and he was smiling and he just said "thank you!" I know that he felt the spirit and that the video finding faith in Christ really does help people to find their faith because it is such a good reminder about all that Christ has done for us and is still doing for us every day as we make those steps of repentance and change in our lives. He has prayed at the end of all of our lessons with him and his prayers are so sincere. And there is nothing more humbling than when an investigator prays for you.

We also had lessons with Lupe who is so sweet and he is just amazed by missionaries and that we choose to leave our lives back home to share the gospel. He has SO MUCH potential but his mom is super Christian so we are hoping she doesn't get to him and that we can keep teaching him.

A super awesome miracle that happened this week was that we got some referrals from the english sisters!!!! which is a miracle because we almost never get referrals because of the language barrier haha but yeah we got some potential investigators to try by!

This is especially for trevor because you have been in this situation before... the other night we were eating with some members and the food was so good but they gave us SO MUCH and with all the tortillas we eat with the food I thought I was going to blow up hahaha I remembered the story that trevor told me about being so full you could feel the food in your throat and I was laughing so hard (inside of course, I wasn't just randomly laughing my head off at dinner). but yeah that was fun ha ha!

Also something else hilarious that happened was when we were over at Cindy's house, the less active that we read with every week, I noticed a bee on my companions skirt so I said "don't freak out, but you have a bee on you" and what did she do... freak out! haha I don't know how it happened but the bee ended up in her hair and then Cindy thought it would be a good idea to grab the fly swatter and hit Hermana Mohun in the head at least 15 times to get rid of the bee... meanwhile I am laughing my head off on the couch becaue as you can imagine it was pretty funny to watcher her swat the bee away from hermana Mohun's head! and then we got back to reading and Cindy says to Hermana Mohun, "you better watch out, that bee is coming for you" hahahaha SO FUNNY!

I have been cruising through the Book of Mormon and I have been reading in 3rd Nephi these past couple of days and a couple verses that stood out to me were in 3 Nephi 19:25, 30. This was when Jesus was visiting the people and he had just taught them to pray and Christ was also praying. In these verses it says that Christ smiles because the people are praying. I just loved the thought of Christ smiling every time we pray.
I know it sounds so "primary" but the gospel really is that simple! Christ rejoices when we are doing good things, when we are following the teachings and principles of the gospel and when we are obeying the commandments, and when we pray! Christ has done SO MUCH for us and suffered SO MUCH for us, don't you just want to give something back? Or do something that can make Him smile? Well it can be as simple as offering a prayer of gratitude!

At zone meeting this week, we got a bunch of new mission rules like we can no longer wear shirts with logos on p-day and a couple other rules, but obedience brings blessings and for whatever reason, President Ware has received revelation for these new rules and guidelines! So we are going to embrace them!

As for my companion, I am still working on figuring her out... haha one second we are pals and all is dandy and the next she is a completely different person! So yeah... I have been trying to help her to not takes things too personally, because that's one thing that I think has been holding us back. Some people are rude and aren't going to accept the gospel, but if we let that affect our attitude, then how are we going to help those people that are going to accept the gospel!

Well I love you all and I am grateful to be here. The gospel and the doctrine of Christ are so essential and so incredible and I am learning every day little by little how to apply them! I hope you have a great week!

con mucho amor
hermana wortley


No comments:

Post a Comment