Monday, November 9, 2015

hola

Hey there!

I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. Missionary work is a miracle in itself and then the miracles we have the privilege of seeing while participating in this great work are really just gigantic blessings. We had a week full of the spirit and full of the miracles of missionary work!

Hillary is doing so great!! She is preparing to be baptized on the 21st. Hermana Bland and I just cant get over how deeply we can feel Heavenly Fathers love for her. We see her and the spirit just testifies to us that she is a daughter of God. Its so amazing. She is so great and has really been doing her part in reading and praying. She told us this week that she got her answer that the book of mormon is true. 

On tuesday we went on an exchange with the Prosser hermanas. I stayed in Pasco with hermana Miranda. It was a really great exchange. We saw some huge miracles. One of them is that we had plans to go to a certain neighborhood and knock, but I felt like we should drop off a skirt that we had gotten for Maribel before we started to knock so we headed over to the Renterias house and the parents were the only ones home. She works during the day and he works at night so it is really hard to find them home at the same time but she just happened to have a day off. The spirit truly guided us to their house. We were able to have a great lesson with just the two of them and talk about concerns and doubts that they have. They had been reading so they also had questions about that! It was such a miracle!! 

We had a way cool lesson with the other Renteria family this week as well! We stopped by to have a lesson with them and the first two times we were only able to meet with the parents but this time all of their kids were there as well. When we brought out the book of mormon one of the kids asked what is the book of mormon and the coolest thing ever happened. The parents explained to their kids what is the book of mormon and why we have it. They explained it better than we could have! haha It was so sweet to see that they internalized what we had talked about the lesson before and were then able to share that knowledge with their children. 

MLC was so amazing this week. It was super bold but something that each one of us needed to recognize and remember. The huge focus was on our purpose and really going back to the fundamentals of missionary work. President Ware shared a quote from Elder Oaks that they heard during a mission president conference, he said "We must return to the primary focus of teaching repentance and baptizing converts." That quote kind of speaks for itself. It was my last MLC and I had the privilege of giving a departing testimony, kind of overwhelming! I just feel so humbled that I have had this opportunity to serve!! A scripture that I have been pondering a lot lately is 1 Timothy 1:12 "And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry." I love being a missionary. 

con mucho amor
hermana wortley

​I got to see hermana garcia :)

classic me

No comments:

Post a Comment