Tuesday, August 11, 2015

estoy vivo

HELLO!

So much happened this past week! First off to explain why I am emailing on a tuesday, we went to the temple today!!! They forgot to let us know before last monday which is why I didn't let you know last week but anyways it was such a good day!!!!!!!! Ah I love the temple. One of the hermanas took us and seriously I just soak up every minute when we get the chance to go to the temple. Such a spirit filled day. 

So for the past probably about 6 months I have had a lot of back issues, which comes with mission life, but I had been doing ok until last monday I was hurting so bad and hermana garcia told me that I should get a blessing but I wasn't sure so we prayed about it and I decided I should ask the elders! It is so convenient that we live in the same apartments as our district leader and our zone leaders haha. So elder Davison, our district leader gave me a blessing. I was super anxious and stressed before, but after I immediately I felt calm. We are serving with such cool missionaries.... fast forward to wednesday... I was SO SICK. It was like a sinus infection on steroids or something, I hadn't felt that sick in a really long time. But we just kept on going because we had places to be and people to see. At 7 that night we went to the church for Rodolfos baptismal interview. The interview went awesome by the way.... but apparently I looked like death and hermana garcia once again told me that she felt like I needed to ask for a blessing. I was like no I am fine because I had just gotten a blessing and I hate being a burden... and she told me that this would be a great opportunity to humble myself. Let me just tell you I am so grateful for hermana garcia, she is always helping me to become the best that I can be even if it means me swallowing my pride and asking for help! I am so grateful for this transfer and the many opportunities that I am having to be more humble! So after the interview I asked Elder Davison if he would give me a blessing before they left. I am so grateful for the priesthood. I seriously feel so blessed to be serving around so many awesome priesthood holders!! And the miracle is that I feel a million times better! I had a nasty cough and I may or may not have used 3 boxes of tissues but I am doing great now. 

On thursday we were able to have a lesson with Rodolfo and we taught him about the priesthood. I was able to testify of how the priesthood has blessed my life and the experiences that I had had earlier that week. Such a cool moment and a huge testimony builder. 

On friday we had MLC. Such a powerful and revelatory meeting. One of the councils that we had was on the doctrine of preparation day. SO COOL. Preparation day has become such a selfish day and we were all feeling the need for a change of heart and attitude. There is always a why for everything we do, and if the why is not Jesus Christ than something is missing. We haven't had much preparation day today because we went to the temple, but I can already feel a difference in my attitude and I am so grateful! One of the counselors in the mission presidency said that the way we treat our preparation day is the way we are going to treat our lives after the mission, those days prepare us to enter into the world back home. So profound and so true! 

On saturday Rodolfo got baptized!!!!! He is so cooooool. We were a little nervous because he got there a little late but HE CAME. It was a really spiritual baptism and rodolfo gave such a great testimony. He looked so happy.
We had some really cool lessons this week and we have a lot of plans this week to find new people to teach!! We sang Soy un hijo de Dios to an abuelito that we met yesterday... probably one of the most spiritual moments I have had talking to someone on the street. We were also at a stop light (we were walking) and we started talking to people in their cars! Blessings come from talking with everyone even if it is awkward :) The more awkward the better!! 

I am so grateful to be here. I love you all!!!!!!!!!!
con amor
hermana wortley



​temple selfie


me when I almost died

No comments:

Post a Comment