Monday, June 15, 2015

I am going to be a kennewick missionary!!!

HELLO!

Wow I honestly don't even know where to start this week.. so much has happened!! I guess I will tell you about the trip I took to the doctor.. haha. So last sunday I started to notice a bunch of red itchy spots on my legs and I thought they were bug bites, then monday they looked even worse and they were on my arms too so everyone was telling me I had bed bugs or something. So we went back to our house and stripped the bed and nothing.. it was super clean because I am sort of a clean freak if you didn't already know that! Anyways I kind of just shrugged it off and figured I just got attacked by some mosquitoes or something. Then wednesday comes around and the spots are super swollen and itchy, but they were also burning so it hurt to itch, it was kind of the worst hahaha so we go to a couple of different members to see if they know what it is or if they knew anything that would help. Meanwhile I felt super fatigued and tired but I always feel tired as a missionary so I didn't really think much of it. No one could figure it out so we called sister ware and she told me to go into the clinic and get it checked out. Turns out I have a super weird virus called Pityriasis Rosea! I was convinced that I just had a weird heat rash or something but I guess not! So yeah that was kind of crazy. Its just on my arms and legs and so I looked like I had leprosy or something crazy. I am doing a lot better now and it is almost gone on my arms but my legs still look super splotchy. Yay for weird things that happen to you as a missionary!

So wednesday after the whole doctor thing I was feel pretty lousy so we texted our district leader to see if they could give me a blessing. But they didn't call us back until like 9:30 because they had also had a super crazy day with exchanges and what not. By that time I was feeling a little better so I just told them it was ok and they didn't need to come over because we live in east wenatchee and they live in wenatchee and I didn't want to make them late getting home. Our district leader felt so bad that he didn't call earlier but I was like seriously I am fine and I talked them out of coming haha. Then about 15 minutes later they called back and said that they felt very strongly that they needed to come over to give me a blessing and that they were on their way to our house! So about 10pm we get a knock on our door and there were 7 elders standing there! haha 5 of them live together and then it was our district leader and his companion were at their house for exchanges or something haha so it was kind of hilarious that they all came. But anyways I got a really cool blessing from elder cataldo (he is from chile) and I felt a lot better! But what was really cool was that they asked hermana marble if she was ok and she asked for a blessing as well. She had been doing a lot better after some really hard weeks of mission life but she felt like she needed a blessing. It was one of the most inspired blessings I had ever heard and it was exactly what she needed. After the elders left I looked at hermana marble and was like, the elders were inspired to come over to give you a blessing even if it seemed like they were here to help me. She just started crying because the spirit was so strong. It was a really cool experience! It is so cool how the Lord works. I mean I was going through a little trial of my own but through my struggles the Lord was able to bless and strengthen my companion. It is also pretty humbling how concerned everyone has been for me this week. The members have been calling me to make sure I am ok and our district leader and sister ware. I am SO blessed to have been serving here in wenatchee with such incredible people and I am super sad to be leaving!

Yes I am getting transferred!!! So we got a call from president Ware on saturday morning asking me if I would accept the call to be a sister training leader and that I would be transferred to Pasco! I am SO HUMBLED to have gotten this calling to serve the sisters. It is going to be an awesome experience. And by me getting transferred I will be a Kennewick missionary!!! Crazy because I have served my whole mission in the yakima mission and now I am finally going down to the kennewick mission! And I am even more excited because my companion is going to be hermana garcia who was my sister training leader a while back. She is from El salvador and is THE greatest person ever!!!!! So pumped to improve me spanish and see miracles down in pasco :)

We had some great things happen this week besides the whole rash thing. We had a breakthrough with our less active veronica. We have been working so hard to help her recognize the blessings of the gospel and her potential as a daughter of God. This week she told us all of the things she is going to change to help her kids and help them to start going to church and all kinds of great things. It was one of those moments where you actually feel like you have made a difference in someones life. super cool. Also our investigator miguel came to church!!! He is so great :) 

Saying goodbye to everyone is the worst! I am so blessed and grateful to have had the chance to serve here in wenatchee. It is an incredible place full of so many amazing people. But I am really excited for a new adventure!!! I love you all!!! have a great week :)

con mucho amor
hermana wortley

our morning basketball adventures 

No comments:

Post a Comment