Monday, July 20, 2015

HI THERE

​WOW WHAT A WEEK...

It was a crazy awesome roller coaster of a week! Our week started off awesome as we were teaching Jesus and he was doing so great preparing for his baptism. He had pretty much overcome every trial that you can think of so that he would be ready to be baptized. On friday we found out that he had yet another trial to overcome before he can be baptized and hermana garcia and I both said that it was the most intense lesson that we have been apart of. I won't go into too many details but after we discussed with our zone leaders we came to the conclusion that for him to be baptized he would need to move from his apartment. So saturday we went over to let him know and he told us that he couldn't move, that in this moment he wouldn't be able to do it. He felt betrayed by us because he thought that he would be able to be baptized on the 25th and he dropped us. AH it was so sad! We just felt so much sorrow in our souls (too dramatic??) because we had seen him overcome so many things, the drugs, the alcohol, the smoking he was truly changing his life to follow Jesus Christ. He knows that the church is true and the book of mormon, so we know that his time will come!! It was just crazy because it came out of nowhere, he was so excited about his baptism and about the new life that he had and then it was a complete 360, he didn't come to church and he told us he wants to be left alone. Hermana Garcia and I definitely came to rely on the atonement this weekend because we know that Christ knows Jesus perfectly and the things that he is going through. His time will come!

So yeah that was the craziest thing that happened this week! Other than that we saw a ton of miracles! On monday we had an awesome lesson with Rodolfo, he quit drinking coffee this week!! He is such a cool dude and just loves learning. We were able to bring a member with us to visit him this week that used to be a pastor of the church that Rodolfo had been going to and he testified of the restored priesthood power. It helped Rodolfo so much to see the change and the importance of the restoration of the gospel! On tuesday we had interviews with President Ware. It was so good!! He is such an inspired man. He told me that it has been awesome to see how much I have grown in a year! I feel like I still have so much more room to grow! 

On Wednesday we went on our last exchange of the transfer! because transfers are next week SAY WHAT?? I went to richland with hermana fristrup!! It was so great. She reminds me so much of tori so I was laughing most of the day. She woke me up in the middle of the night because she thought she was dying. Turns out the pills she took for her cramps had caffeine in them and she had never taken them before! Don't worry she is alive! It just made for an eventful night! 
Thursday was a great day as well!! On wednesday we got a text from President ware with a name and a number for Kasey and said that she worked for rocky mountain therapy and was in the area til friday so to give her a call! So we gave her a call and were able to go to dinner! She is SO cute!! It was really fun to be able to talk with her! 

Ok before we had the super depressing lesson with Jesus we saw a ton of miracles on saturday!! We feel like looking back, that Heavenly father was preparing us for the lesson with jesus by putting a lot of awesome people in our path! We found some super solid referrals for the english elders and also a way sweet family!! The Soto family. 

It was a really great week and I learned SO MUCH. Wow Heavenly Father is really pushing us to become the best that we can be and I am so grateful for that! I am grateful for the atonement and for the chance to become better every day as we remember that CHRIST IS THE REASON. Thank you so much for everything, I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

love this quote from elder ballard: "my mission belongs to the lord. with all my heart I give my energy and my time to the master because I LOVE HIM. Therefore I'm going to look at every day not as mine but as His. I will treat each minute of His time with respect and focus and the dedication that it deserves."

con mucho amor
hermana wortley

No comments:

Post a Comment