Monday, May 11, 2015

HI THERE :)

HOLA PEEPS!


Yesterday was great because I got to see your beautiful faces!! I tried not to tell you everything that happened this week so that I would have something to write in my email haha. So yeah it was an awesome week! Something I thought was really cool at church yesterday was the lesson in relief society.. I was translating so it was kind of tricky to pay attention haha but I was looking over the handout this morning and IT WAS SWEET.. they gave us 15 simple ways to be happy:
1. love your choice
2. gain unshakable faith
3. spend meaningful time with those you love
4. do with what you have
5. have faith in yourself
6. maintain integrity
7. prioritize your desires
8. remember what matters most
9. be what you want to become
10. be kinder
11. don't whine 
12. know and do
13. persist 
14. exercise meekness
15. remain faithful

Being happy really is just that easy! and it is way more fun than being a bummer am I right?? My challenge to you all this week is to not only be happy, but to find someone that is having a hard time and give them a chance to be happy as well!

Anyways this saturday our district had this awesome idea of having a movie night at the church and inviting all of our less actives and investigators. Well we all passed out a ton of flyers and the elders bought a bumload of popcorn and we show up at the church and we wait and wait and wait (mexican standard time aka being on time is not a thing haha) and one less active family showed up! No one else showed up but we had a sweet movie night with the Tapia family haha, we know that as we continue to act in faith and search for new ways to find people that the Lord will place people in our paths but we can't get discouraged for not having success the first time! 

So I don't know if any of you remember in January hermana pulido and I were teaching a lady named Evonne. Well what happened was that her and her boyfriend were living together and they wanted to get married and baptized but they were waiting to get some papers from Guatemala because he was apparently married to someone down there.. anyways Evonne called his mom down in Guatemala to see what was taking so long to get the papers and turns out her boyfriend was actually married to someone here in wenatchee!!! So it was a big mess and then they fell off the face of the earth and we haven't talked to them since... BUT the other day I felt like we needed to go visit her and SHE WAS HOME. straight up milagro. We had a really great lesson with her and she asked us if there was a day that she could feed us dinner. So we have another lesson set up with her this week! It was such a miracle that we found her.

Also miracle with Julissa yesterday! She is the daughter of a less active who came to church yesterday :) AH she is the most adorable thing ever. We are excited to work with their family to get them back to church.

I sort of had an epiphany this week about why Heavenly Father puts us with certain companions. There is so much that we cannot only learn from each other, but things that we can learn about ourselves. I was pondering about why Heavenly Father has faith in me, what is it about me that can bless my companions because I am kind of a crazy one haha but I came to the conclusion that my craziness or lack of confidence in myself doesn't have anything to do with the work we are doing here, it is our faith and confidence in Christ. One of my favorite quotes in Preach My Gospel says: 
"As the Lord’s servant, you are to do His work in His way and by His power. Some
missionaries feel confident that they know how to be successful. Others lack such confidence.
Remember, however, that your confidence and faith should be in Christ, not in yourself.
Rely on the Spirit rather than your own talents and abilities. Trust the Spirit to guide you
in every aspect of your work."

Such a great reminder for everything we do as missionaries. My companion is doing a lot better this week! I think she just really needed to talk to her family to see that there is nothing more important than the work we are doing here. I am so grateful for all of the experiences that I have had so far on my mission and for the millions of things I learn each day. And millions is not an exaggeration hahaha :) I LOVE YOU ALL and hope you have a fantabby week!

con muchisimo amor
hermana wortley

No comments:

Post a Comment