Monday, April 27, 2015

HOLA

HELLO!

It was a good week! We are striving to look for the miracles each day and working hard! I learned a lot this week. My companion has been super stressed out, I felt like she didn't trust/respect me or any of the plans that we made this week. I already feel inadequate as a trainer which made it a pretty stressful week! I was praying so hard for charity and you know how when people say if you pray for patience Heavenly Father is going to give you opportunities to be patient haha well I guess the same goes for charity! Finally we got to the end of the week and she apologized to me saying that she was a brat all week and that she was just really home sick and ended up taking it out on me. It is interesting that how when we give our trials to the Lord, He works them out in ways that we wouldn't have necessarily thought. She told me that she doesn't have complete trust in the Lord yet and that is something she is going to work on this week. I bore testimony that once she gained her trust in the Lord that there would be nothing hindering her heart from the work, that as she came to trust the Lord she would also come to trust me and all of our other leaders. I don't necessarily know when I came to the realization that I have given my will to the Lord, but I do know that the thing that keeps me going each morning when I wake up is my love for our Savior Jesus Christ. He is the reason for everything we do!

On a less stressful note haha.. we had an awesome church tour with Michelle and Alex this week! They are soooo coool. Seriously I don't know if I have ever felt the spirit that strong on a church tour. They are doing great and we are excited for our lesson with them tonight! We had some really great lessons with the Hernandez family this week also! On monday we taught them the plan of salvation and then on tuesday we had a member come a give her a blessing because she has been super sick. Afterwards we felt that we needed to teach her about patriarchal blessings (she is a less active). She was so excited that she could get one for herself, so we will be helping her prepare to receive hers! 

So I have gone this far in my mission without receiving any media referrals or church headquarters referrals and this week we got two!! One of them was such a miracle. We knocked into a really cool girl named Itzel on wednesday and we gave her a spanish book of mormon and told her that we would come back in a couple of days to check up on her reading. The next day we received a media referral for a girl named Itzel, wanting an english book of mormon, and it was the same address of the girl we had contacted the day before!! We went over and she said that she had been reading in the spanish book but there were some things she didn't understand so she wanted an english one too. SHE WAS READING. It was such a miracle, and her family only speaks spanish so we will be going over for a lesson tomorrow and hopefully involve her family! 

Yesterday we also had a pretty sweet miracle. I have come to the conclusion that sundays are either the best or the hardest days of the week because you work so hard all week and by sunday you are exhausted, its either the best day because people come to church and you actually feel like all the work you put in that week was actually making a difference... or no one comes to church and you wonder what went wrong or what you could have done better to help people act and come to church! Anyways yesterday was kind of one of those days, we went knocking on doors before church and we had two families say they were coming... but no one came! .... at least we thought no one came... We went by one of the families last night that said they were going to come to see what happened and turns out they actually did come!!!! They were just late so they sat in the foyer and then Kristina (the mom) had to get to work so they had to leave after sacrament meeting. SUCH A TENDER MERCY. Ah they are the coolest. It was a great week! We have transfers next week but there is a really good chance that we will both be staying because hermana marble only half way done with training, but you never know! I love being a missionary and I love the people we are serving. I hope you all have a great week!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU

con mucho amor
hermana wortley

I have no idea what is going on in this picture HAHAHA but I did buy that dress for $1 #classicjayne #can'ttakeanormalpic

No comments:

Post a Comment