Monday, October 19, 2015

I am going to die in pasco

HELLO!!!

Ok yesterday we had THE BIGGEST MIRACLE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At church Yaneths sister Maribel came up to us and told us that she wants to get baptized!!!!!!! She will be getting baptized tomorrow! :) We are so excited for her!! Hermana Garcia is getting transferred to Pendelton :( which is why we will be doing the baptism tomorrow so that she can be there! I am going to miss hermana garcia so much. She has made such a huge impact on my mission on my life in everything!! She is a true disciple of Christ and a light for everyone.
​Oh my goodness we are so excited for maribel. She has been reading and praying everyday and she also enrolled in seminary! It is incredible the growth that we have seen in her. Her and Yaneth and their two little siblings Josue and Joseline have started reading together in the scriptures every night, their parents are super busy working but the kids are making such an awesome effort to read together! 

I am excited to spend my last 6 weeks here in Pasco!!! I truly love this place and the people here. I will be training a new sister training leaader, Hermana Bland! She is an awesome missionary. I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with her a few times! 

Margarita got baptized on saturday!!!!! It was a beautiful baptism. She is so great. I can't get over how blessed we have been to teach these sweet humble people. We just love them so much!!!! Margarita also had us over for dinner this week and we ate enchiladas de michoachan ( no idea how to spell that haha) It was the first time either of us had eaten this kind of enchiladas and they were super good! 

Kind of a crazy week we also went on two exchanges! The first exchange I stayed in Pasco with hermana safston. We had the coolest lesson with Jesus (Rodolfos nephew) and Yaneth and her boyfriend came with us! He is seriously such a smart kid and has real intent to learn and act. After the lesson Yaneth asked for his number to invite him to hang out with them, being that he just got here from mexico he doesn't know a lot of people. Yaneth is so awesome she is already doing missionary work!! On thursday I went to kennewick for the day with Hermana Jaccard! We had a great day and talked with a ton of people :) 

We had a lesson with Jesus last night and we taught the plan of salvation. He told us that he felt as if he has heard this plan before. Really cool moment. He is doing great and preparing to be baptized on the 30th, but he will now be in the elders area. We are excited for him though! 

It was truly a miracle filled week!! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. The ponderize scripture that I chose for this week is Alma 26:12 (hermana garcias and my companion scripture :) ) It says "Therefore let us glory, yea we will glory in the Lord; yea we will rejoice for our joy is full; yea we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea who can say too much of His great power, and of His mercy, and of His long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." 

I LOVE YOU ALL
con amor
hermana wortley





No comments:

Post a Comment